Saturday, June 19, 2010

Miss Rodeo Nebraska Pageant

Kasie and I at our Host Home

I flew into Denver and was graciously greeted by Kasie Pigg, Miss Rodeo Colorado and we began our big journey to North Platte, Nebraska. We arrived safe and sound and without coat. Boy! Coming from a 95 degree summer in the Land of Enchantment into a northern thunderstorm is not what I had expected! So we headed on down to the local western store and bought some coats! Chauffeured by the always hospitable Carl and Kathy Wilkinson, we were ready to brave the elements. The evening kicked off with a dinner, live aution and then a wild, and I do mean WILD stick horse rodeo! I am pretty sure I have the battle scars to prove it but it was worth the pain in the end to come in reserve champion team! Go Golden Girls!!! The rest of the week was filled with appearances, a glamorous Fashion Show and the first performance of the rodeo. It finally warmed up and I got to enjoy the amazing expanses of grassland...wow! Kasie and I had the best host family! Thank you to the Steger Family for opening your home to us!  Then we were Colorado bound....straight to the Grieve's Family door where we spent the night. Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Grieve for allowing me to stay with you! What an awesome trip and what wonderful people!

Looking out over the Golden Spike Rail Yard

Getting ready for the Fashion Show
MRId ~ Measha Gittins

Enjoying a Beautiful Nebraska evening at MRN Michelle's Ranch
MROk ~ Chassity Cisco
MRW ~ Amanda Breitenfeldt

Group Photo!

Signing Autographs
MRV ~ Anita Moorehead